With so many options for undergraduate students interested in digital marketing, it can be overwhelming to know where to begin. This post will guide you in asking the right questions and considering key factors to choose the best digital marketing program for you!
1. Program Curriculum
One of the most important considerations when choosing a digital marketing program is the degree curriculum. Because programs vary in size, coverage, and course options, you should do your research on each of the programs you are considering. Some questions you could ask to guide your search include:
- What does the program entail? Does the university offer a digital marketing certificate, minor, or full undergraduate degree program?
- What courses are available, and what aspects of digital marketing do they cover?
- Is the program completed online or in an on-campus setting?
- Do these courses match my preferences and interests in digital marketing?
When asking these questions, it’s important to note that your interests and preferences should influence your choice as well as the program itself. For example, if you’re interested in Social Media marketing, you may consider a university program that offers social media courses, such as Western Michigan University, over other programs. If however, as another example, you’re looking for an online program, you might choose Ferris State University’s online certificate program.
2. Cost of Attendance
The financial cost of attending university is one of the main concerns of many students. Therefore, it’s probably no surprise that the cost of attendance is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing the best digital marketing program for you. The cost of attendance will vary based on the public or private status of the university as well as it’s geographic location.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when considering making this financial investment in your future:
- Is the financial cost paramount to my program decision?
- What sort of scholarships/financial aid does the university provide?
- What sort of return on investment can I expect from my undergraduate digital marketing program?
For a more detailed list of the potential career opportunities in digital marketing, read my blog post:
3. University/Program Reputation
In order to get the most out of your digital marketing education, you may want to consider the university’s reputation. Below are a few questions you can ask regarding the program’s reputation:
- How does the university rank for its business programs overall on sites like US News?
- Are faculty members well-known in their respective fields? Are class sizes small enough that students are likely to get to know their professors?
- Some schools are known for certain programs, such as business, engineering, or healthcare. Is the business program one of the university’s core programs?
- What have you heard about the program/school online or from people you know?
Obviously, a school’s reputation isn’t everything. However, there is certainly merit in finding out more about the College of Business for each of the undergraduate programs you are considering.
Hopefully, these questions and factors were helpful in determining the best undergraduate digital marketing program for you!
Have More Questions?
To learn more about program curriculums, cost of attendance, and College of Business reputations for the undergraduate digital marketing programs in Michigan, check out my blog post! There, you can also find answers to other questions like “What can I do after my digital marketing degree?”